Introduction of several drugs in various geographical regions is likely to drive the market during the forecast period. For instance, in October 2016, the FDA granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation to Alecensa (alectinib), a drug developed by Genentech to treat ALK-positive NSCLC as a first-line treatment. The drug has been approved in the U.S., Japan, Canada, Hong Kong, South Korea, Kuwait, and Israel.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @ http://www.hexareports.com/report/non-small-cell-lung-cancer-nsclc-therapeutics-market
Presence of a strong pipeline of drugs for non-small cell lung cancer helps propel the market during the forecast period. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Orion Corporation, Merck KGaA, AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, and Pfizer, Inc. have major molecules in the pipeline.
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- By drug, Alimta accounted for the highest share in 2015. However, it is expected to witness decline in its share during the forecast period.
- Alecensa (alectinib) is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. This is majorly attributed to the clinical benefit of the drug to treat ALK-positive NSCLC.
- Alecensa is expected to be a competitor to Pfizer's Xalkori and Merck's Keytruda during the forecast period. A superior progression-free survival rate of Alecensa was observed in the clinical trials as compared to Crizotinib.
- Geographically, North America dominated the overall industry in 2015. This is due to the early entry of drugs in the market, increased adoption of new treatment, and high cost of the drug.
- It is expected that North America would maintain its dominance during the forecast period and grow with the highest rate over the coming years due to expected entry of new drugs.
- Several players are operating in the industry. Geographical penetration and development of innovative & effective drugs are the key strategies of the players to increase their share.
- Some of the key players are GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Plc., Novartis AG, AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly & Company, and Sanofi.
Table Of Content
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Therapeutics Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4 Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Therapeutics: Drug Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 5 Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Therapeutics: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Competitive Landscape
Browse More Pharmaceutical Related Market Research Reports:
Nanoparticles - Metal & Metal Oxides Market & Segment Forecasts, 2013-2025 -
Nanomedicine Market & Segment Forecasts, 2013-2025 -
Hepatitis Therapeutics Market & Segment Forecasts, 2014-2025 -